Sunday, December 1, 2013

George Forman Grill & Panini's


Like many of us, I am excited when I find another use for something that I own- like my George Foreman grill.  This past week I was looking for something different & quick to make with the leftover turkey meat from Thanksgiving.  I found a Thanksgiving Panini on the Pioneer Woman’s website http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/leftover-thanksgiving-panini-recipe/index.html which looked delicious…..however, I don’t own a Panini machine.  Right away, I thought of my George Forman grill and decided to give it a try!  I was very happy with the results and the Panini was delicious!  Below you will find how I made my Thanksgiving Panini—yum, yum!
Ingredients:
Two slices of whole wheat bread
Chilled Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Turkey
Stuffing (I made cornbread this year)
             Butter
1. Turn on your GFG so that it will be nice and hot.  Be sure to have all of your ingredients out and ready to assemble.
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
 
3. Lay one slice butter side down on a cutting board, and put some gravy.  Cold gravy works best so that it doesn’t run off the sandwich.
4. Next put some cranberry sauce, then turkey & stuffing.
 
 
5. Lastly put the other slice of bread on top with butter side facing up.
 

 
6. Using a wide spatula, lift your sandwich and place it on the hot GFG and slowly push the cover down.  I held my cover down so that the heat would penetrate through the whole sandwich.  This took only a couple minutes and it was done. 
 
My husband loved the sandwich and now I can make other varieties of Panini’s with my GFG. 
 
 
What is your favorite Panini combination?
 
Happy Eating…..
 
Claudine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment